An attorney who claims to represent Walker Foods, U.S. distributors of El Pato (The Duck) salsa, demanded Thursday that POCHO “retract and correct” parts of our story Pocho Ocho sketchy substances in Mexican hot sauce besides lead, even though he acknowledges it is satire.
Downtown Los Angeles lawyer Robert M. Newell, Jr. also wants POCHO to “remove the contrived picture showing what purports to be a bottle of El Pato Salsa Picante bearing a skull and crossbones,” adding that the “story is puro pedo!” (The letter is below.)
“After consultation with our attorney, Huy Fong, of downtown Rosemead,” POCHO Jefe-in-Chief Lalo Alcaraz replied in a statement, “Jefe de Content Comic Saenz and I have decided to defy these dastardly demands. Instead, we intend to exploit this incident with a self-serving viral ‘click whore’ campaign, although we won’t stoop as low as those Huffington Post side-boob slide shows. Wish us luck!”
STATEMENT FOR THE RECORD: POCHO’s corporate counsel is Sanchez Bros. Attorney at Law.
In other business ñews:
- Flash: English-Only Whole Foods now known as AssWhole Foods
- Starbucks test-markets nopal, chile-flavored drinks in East Los Angeles
- Walt Disney, Inc. wants to trademark ‘Dia de los Muertos’ (toon)
- They know what we want! Pocho Ocho trendiest Latino baby foods
- Taco Bell introduces new Artisanal Soft-Shell Tacos