I recently read the hilariously snarky book, Confessions of a Scary Mommy by Jill Smokler, and all those confessions from real moms has inspired me to do the same.
- I only get “Latina” when I’m drunk or angry and it’s not pretty.
- My drink of choice is tequila, not the Skinny Girl stuff but real Patron Silver.
- Sometimes I Google anger management groups in my area but then I get so pissed off with our slow Internet connection that I forget all about my anger.
- When I catch a cold I literally sweat it out by dancing to Ricky Martin in my living room.
- I don’t know if I want any more kids. I can’t afford to go up another bra size.
- I’ve been forgetting some of my Spanish so I started watching novelas again.
- I can’t understand people who don’t like flan.
- I wish my husband liked Frida Kahlo so I could put her paintings in every room of our house. I’d put the one where she’s giving birth to herself over our bed.
- Sometimes I talk with my hands so much I think it distracts people.
- If I could wear all my jewelry at once I would.
- Sometimes I refrain from curling my hair just so I don’t make others jealous.
- Some days I worry if my daughter will be able to stand up for herself later on in life and then I remember, she’s Latina.
- I’d love to get a Ph.D. if my thesis could be on the life and career of Shakira.
- I don’t always make Mexican food but when I do it gives the term Moctezuma’s Revenge a whole new meaning.
- What are the POCHO Ocho Top Chicano sins?