POCHO needs a Jefe de Sales y Business Development
POCHO, the fast-growing online source of Latino-flavored ñews y satire, needs an ad sales closer with the huevos, smarts and experience to graduate to Director of Sales & Business Development.
We are looking for a sharp, creative and collaborative self-starter who understands the power of the U.S. Latino media audience and can connect them to the nation’s biggest advertisers via POCHO.
- 3-6 years in selling online ads to national-level clients
- A solid book of agency contacts
- Experience recruiting and managing a sales staff
- Ability to manage sales forecasting, market analysis and budgeting
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A healthy sense of humor
- Familiar with the pressures and rewards of the startup lifestyle
- Complete knowledge of online ad formats including rich media and social-media marketing
- Deep familiarity with media startups and how they grow
- Strong connections with Latino-focused advertisers and agencies
- Familiarity with the breadth and depth of U.S. Latino culture
THE BIG PICTURE:
POCHO is a transmedia startup founded by a bunch of smart people and led by nationally-syndicated cartoonist and satirist Lalo Alcaraz. POCHO launched in January, 2012 to serve the broad, self-identifying, tech-connected Latino audience that demands something better than the usual stale news/entertainment outlets that pander to Latinos or (worse) ignore them.
In other words, there is room for massive growth in both our audience and your sales.
POCHO is a startup, so your work will begin on a purely commission/1099 basis at a sales exec level, but there is a solid track towards a sales/business-management position for the right candidate who helps grow the business.
- You will work from home, your car and coffee houses
- You are unafraid to cold call and you love F2F sales calls
- You can attend our weekly staff meeting near downtown Los Angeles
Send your resume (.doc or .pdf format) and a brief cover letter outlining your accomplishments and telling us why you’re the right person for the job, via email, to Mack Reed, Jefe de Producto.
Background check and references will be required of top candidates
Please do not apply without the required experience listed above.
NO HEADHUNTER INQUIRIES, PLEASE.