If that means you, perhaps we can help with the Pocho Ocho cures for your hangover (la cruda.)
8. Menudo. In my social circles, menudo is the go–to method for scaring away that nasty cruda. The power of the Aztec gods? Meat? Corn? Who knows why, but word has it that it works.
7. More alcohol! Hair of the dog, as it were. This method is perhaps one of the oldest cures for cruda. Does it work?
6. Coffee and aspirin. We’ve written about this before, it’s not just speculation — it’s science.
5. Chile. Not the country, the spice. Perhaps it’s an old wives’ tale, but for some reason spicy food seems to have the effect of scaring away a hangover. Maybe only because it gives you something else to worry about.
4. Not getting drunk at all. This one may seem to come out of left field, but sans alcohol you probably won’t feel so bad.
3. Water and plenty of it. The “eight glasses of water a day people” are onto something.
2. A Michelada. This beer-based mixed drink may actually belong in the “hair of the dog” category but “beer cocktail” sounds much more appetizing.
And the numero uno best hangover cure is…
Oh noes! We don’t have a numero uno — unless — unless you add your suggestions in the comments below.
This is where you comment. Right down here.