It’s tough for hermanas out there trying to find love — especially with the anonymity of the online dating world. What makes it even harder for Latinas online is how easy it can be for dudes to be jerks, specifically, racist jerks.
Here’s our list of the top eight racist things said to Latinas in online dating sites:
8. I’ll be your anchor baby.
7. Chupa mi cabra.
6. Our future children won’t speak Spanish, like real Americans. [Mas…]
It’s more than just a minor irritation for the folks at work when the Internet’s Out. (NSFW language.)
Hola, it’s me, MR. POCHO, and I just opened The Pocho Store.
Place your order now for thongs, hats, shirts, sweats — all featuring my handsome head — at CafePress.com/thepochostore. But be sure order before The End of the World As We Know It — Mayan Apocalypse Doomsday 2012 on December 21. We can’t guarantee delivery if there’s no world to deliver to!
As long as the boss isn’t looking, today is the day when pochos all over America go holiday gift shopping on the Internets. If you’re not shopping at The Lalo Alcaraz Store, these Pocho Ocho gift tips (with links) will turn your Cyber Lunes from Mission Impossible to Cyber Espace Mission Accomplished:
8. Santa’s Helpers are cool, sure, but so last year! Nalgas Helpers are bringing sexy back (and backs) with their American-made line of butt thong bar stools. When the clear view is the rear view, click on over to order the furniture that will make your family room the “Best of Barrio” for 2012! [Mas…]
Redondo photo from 2011 appeared on TropicalGazette.com. This Florida site says the photo is from 1982.
A couple of Redondo Beach Union High School pochos punked online photo galleries across America by submitting the same prom picture over and over for inclusion in local listings. 2011 prom photos of Albert Morales and Gabriela Peraza appeared on sites in Florida, New Jersey, Atlanta, and Minnesota among others.
“We just wanted to have the prom pictures to be published and as seen by many people as possible. … Just trying to have fun by remembering good prom memories,” Morales told NJ.com, which unravelled the hoax last week.
Check out these screenshots of newspaper photo galleries displaying images of the happy couple:
The U.S. is getting Mex to the max
The meme started on a site called MetaFilter: If you are not paying for it, you’re not the customer; you’re the product being sold.
Facebook — free to use — sells you and your friends and your information to advertisers. So does Google and so does Yahoo! When POCHO grows up, we’ll sell your “page views” too — hopefully to multitudes of high-spending advertisers who are appropriate and cool tambien.
This week the online ad world was excited about the latest estimates of the “Latino” marketplace from Nielsen.
Our No Shit Sherlock™ quick summary:
- There are lots of Latino (Hispanic,Mexican,Chicano,Latin-American,Cuban, etc.) people
- Latinos buy many products
- Advertisers spend lots of money online, on TV, in print and over the air to get Latinos to buy their products
- The Latino “market segment” is young, mobile and growing
Peep the surprising stats illustrated by purty graphs from the Nielsen survey: [Mas…]